Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Learning new languages

I remember that since I was a kid I was always interested in languages and wished that I could understand and speak every language I used to hear someone speak. Eventhough I was bilingual since that time speaking arabic and portuguese, I got always amazed when I heared a new language or dialect. I used to think that I couldn't learn these languages unless someone that could speak them teaches me, but as I grew up, I discovered new websites and applications to learn alone so I went for it. First I decided to learn turkish language since I watched a lot of turkish series that time and found the language easy and beautiful. I downloaded many applications such as Duolingo, subscribed to many useful turkish language teaching channels, and watched a lot of videos until I became now in an advanced level and able to understand, speak, and write in turkish language. Next, I started to learn frensh but I stopped after a short time because I found it difficult and wasn't really intresting to me. Moreover, I took a spanish language course in the university and enjoyed it a lot so I started a few months ago to study it more seriously.




4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! sounds interesting, but do you think videos and apps are enough to master a foreign language and speak it like natives??

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a beautiful thing when someone learns new things outside his own major as a hobby that will have a positive influence on him/her. By the way, I proceeded in the same manner to learn the Turkish language :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really a motivated thing that you love to learn new langage . I wish I have more time to learn another langage , I tried one year ago to learn the Turkish language with my friend who was and still a trainer in our group to learn the Turkish langage but I stopped after a while for many reasons .So I encourage you to keep going if you have time and passion to learn something.

    ReplyDelete

EDUC561 course reflection

1-Skills I acquired from this course:  I actually learned many useful skills in this course such as using many different applications and we...